Sunday, July 13, 2014

8 July, 2014 Activations

On the 8th of July my son and I set out to activate W7M/RC-070, Palisade Mountain. After driving 90 minutes on a teeth chattering, kidney bruising road we finally reach the trail head. There is still a lot of snow drifts at 8,000 feet and above.
The dog loves the snow banks. She just sits there eating snow as long as you let her.
Anyway, it was a pretty short hike of maybe 2 miles. The summit is an easy climb but the view is wonderful. He sent up the antenna, and started making contacts. In just over an hour we had our four contacts. I also found out that my mic is not working properly so I need to take care of that. There is nothing worse than a "hot mike."
My plan with SOTA is to try to activate a summit a week. We'll see if I can make that happen.

KG7KGL

No comments:

Post a Comment