Tuesday, September 20, 2022

How 'First Blood' Foreshadowed America’s Policing Problem | Jon Miltimore

How 'First Blood' Foreshadowed America’s Policing Problem | Jon Miltimore: Forty years after its release, 'First Blood' can still teach us a lot about power and the purpose of the law.  Rambo: Why you pushing me? Teasle: What'd you say? Rambo: I said why you pushing me? I haven't done anything to you. Teasle: First of all, you don't ask the questions around here. I do. Understand! Second, we don't want guys like you in this town, drifters. Next thing we know, we got a whole *bunch* of guys like you in this town. THAT'S WHY! Besides, you wouldn't like it here anyway. It's just a quiet little town. In fact you might say it's BORING. But that's the way we like it. I get paid to keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment