Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Can you See Me Now? Portable Operation From a Web Cam from Paul Signorelli

There are now thousands of web cams operating around the world and they make great portable operating locations. The stations who work you can watch you on their computer as you talk to them.
When I am at a web cam site I post the web cam link on my QRZ.com page and then stations who contact me can then click and watch. I usually have a big sign that shows up on the web cam. Even DX guys who can’t hear me can watch me operate.
Many web cans are now live streaming; they give you fast refresh rates and real time video. Other bandwidth limited cams refresh at slower rates and may give only 1 frame every minute.
The HD Pikes Peak Panoramic Cam that I frequently use has a revolving 1 minute refresh rate. http://tinyurl.com/zfxaq77, I am standing right above the ‘RW’ sign.
The remote Independence Pass, Colorado, Web Camera is a solar powered wireless camera with a 1 minute refresh rate,http://tripcam.us/webcam/colorado/roads/northwest-colorado/hwy-82-at-independence-pass. I am standing just to the left of the tree. This camera is down and won’t be back on line until July.
The Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument had a camera that was directed at a flag pole that i used as a reflector when I was pedestrian mobile. I ask guys who see me to send me Screen Shot and made a QSL Card out of it later.
Paul, W0RW
Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment