Friday, June 12, 2020

Bringing feed lines into the house by dan kb6nu

At some point or another, almost all hams face the dilemma of how to bring antenna feed lines into the house. Here’s my solution:
This is the basement window right above my operating position. When I first got back on the air about 15 years ago, I only used coaxial cable, so all I needed were the three holes that you see below the window.
I used a 7/8-in. hole cutter to drill a hole in the window frame. That’s just the right size to allow a PL-259 to fit through it. I was fortunate to have that much frame to work with. I got the hole plugs from the local Ace Hardware.
The holes were not a great solution for the ladder line, however. So, today, I cut a slit in the frame to bring the ladder line through the window frame as well. You can see that at the bottom right of  the photo. I’m happy to say that that worked like a charm.
While I was at it, I washed the window, too. Now, I have a nice view out the window while I’m operating.

No comments:

Post a Comment