Wednesday, February 1, 2023

ANDRÉ’S ALL-SEASON YAESU FT-891 GO-BOX by THOMAS WITHERSPOON

 

Many thanks to André (PY2KGB/VE2ZDX) who writes:


Hi Thomas!

I’m writing to share my idea for a cheap and easy to build go box. It’s not for a QRP rig, but the concept can be applied for the ft818, for example. Check out this YouTube video:

I’ve been operating under snow with this box, in “ninja” style.

Because if I wait for it to stop snowing here I’ll do nothing for 3 months, hehe!

Photos:

You may know the RadioSet-go boxes, but if you don’t here’s something you’ll love:

Best 73

Thank you for sharing this, André! I love how this box can so easily be altered in order to work in snowy/windy conditions. As you say, if you’re doing POTA in Québec in the winter and are waiting for the snow to stop, you’re not going to get outside much! 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment