Tuesday, February 21, 2023

FX-4CR arrival, initial photos by John AE5X

 My FX-4CR departed Shanghai on Friday and I received a FedEx tracking number from Yu BG2FX on Sunday. By then, the radio was already in Orlando with an expected delivery date of Tuesday. It arrived today (Monday), 72 hours after leaving China.

The radio arrives in a Pelican-style case with a few accessories: microphone, USB cable, two spare fuses and a fused DC cable that has a few loops around a toroid.

One end of the DC cable is bare, the other is terminated with an XT-60 plug to match the jack in the transceiver.

Also included is the Bluetooth code which I've recorded and saved to my Dropbox. Don't want to lose that!

There is currently no manual for the FX-4CR. Yu's website says to use the online manual for the FX-4C for now.

I believe the only difference between these two radios is that the FX-4CR has a claimed output power of 15-20 watts (10 for the FX-4C) and Bluetooth capability.

My initial impression of the radio, before even turning it on, is that it is quite solid. The aluminum case - held together with recessed Allen screws - is substantial, with the end plates being 1/4" (60 mm) thick.

I'll be measuring various parameters of the FX-4CR tonight and tomorrow. Those results will be posted later in the week.

.


.


 .


 .


 .


.


.


.


 

.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment